For many of the nonprofits we serve, events are essential to raising funds, implementing programs and building community.
That’s why The Chicago Community Trust dedicates a portion of our discretionary grant making budget to sponsoring nonprofit conferences and similar programs.
What We Sponsor
Sponsorships are available for educational programming events, such as meetings, panels, forums, conferences, etc. To be considered for funding, an event must be:
- Produced by a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is located in the Chicago region, or is non-local but producing their event in the Chicago region
- Aligned with one of the Trust’s priorities: Inspiring Philanthropy, Civic Engagement and Leading Change
Sponsorships are not available for:
- Fundraising events, such as galas, walk-a-thons, etc.
- Sports teams
- Political campaigns
Requests up to $25,000 will be considered. The average sponsorship award is smaller, generally between $3,000 and $5,000.
Guidelines & Expectations
- Your sponsorship award must be spent in full within three months following the date of the event.
- Your sponsorship award may not be used retroactively, to recoup costs from an event already hosted.
- Your event should acknowledge the Trust as a sponsor.
How to Apply
Sponsorship requests will be reviewed on a quarterly basis. The submission deadline for each quarterly review and decision will be:
- March 31
- June 15
- September 15
- December 15
You may submit a request at any time through our online sponsorship application. Please submit your request no less than 60 days before your event, to be sure that it can realistically be funded if selected. We recommend applying 90 days in advance when possible.
Sponsorships are limited to one award per organization in any 12-month period. All requests are subject to the availability of resources.
If you’ve used GrantCentral before: you’ll find a link to the sponsorship application on your Home tab once you log in.
If you are new to GrantCentral: your first step will be to create an account for your organization. Once you receive your password by email, you can log into your new account and begin your application.
Marketing sponsorships: The Trust occasionally sponsors select community events in order to advance our marketing and awareness goals. Marketing sponsorships are determined on a case-by-case basis, subject to the availability of resources. To inquire, please contact our marketing team.