Showcasing the rich diversity of the Chicago region through artistic productions and exhibitions that enhance cultural vibrancy, access and diversity
Note: This RFP from summer 2017 is now closed. To view all current grant opportunities, and sign up for alerts of future grant opportunities, please sign up for our online grant system, GrantCentral.
The Trust’s artistic and cultural diversity grants aim to foster arts participation in every community, including but not limited to geographic areas, racial and ethnic populations and artists with disabilities.
Proposals are invited for projects that achieve most or all of the following:
- Showcasing the talents of diverse or culturally specific artists, or artists with disabilities
- Performing, exhibiting or conducting programs in arts venues located in areas of Cook County that are culturally underserved
- Performing, exhibiting or conducting programs in public venues (such as libraries, parks community colleges and public plazas)
- Meaningful involvement by leaders/collaborators from the target community or audience
- Affordability and accessibility for the target community or audience
- Effective means of tracking market penetration and participant response
- Well-defined strategies for building on or sustaining collaboration, cross-promotion or presence within the target market or community
- Increased visibility for the Trust within the target community
The Trust invites arts organizations and/or presenting venues of all sizes to apply individually or as a collaboration. Collaborators are encouraged to work together to submit a full proposal requesting separate grants to support the clearly defined role of each partner.opt in to notifications about grant opportunities in your field of work.
Applications for this grant opportunity were accepted in September 2017. An announcement will be made if this opportunity opens again in future. The best way to stay informed on all current and upcoming funding opportunities is by creating an account in our online grants management system, GrantCentral. You can
New to GrantCentral? You’ll start by creating an account, then complete an Organizational Profile with information about your staff, board and services before starting your first grant application. That profile is saved so that basic organization data will not need to be reentered on future applications.